Working papers and work-in-progress
- “Credit and the Labor Share: Evidence from U.S. States,” with Ariel Weinberger. (revised and resubmitted to the Economic Journal)
- “Trade Liberalization and Investment in Foreign Capital Goods: A Look at the Intensive Margin,” with Ivan Kandilov and Ruchita Manghnani. (under review)
- “Openness and Factor Shares: Is Globalization Always Bad for Labor?” with Ariel Weinberger (new draft coming soon)
- “The Transmission of U.S. Shocks to Emerging Markets,” with Kolver Hernandez.
- “Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions: The importance of Local Credit and Source Country Finance,” with Ivan Kandilov and Neviana Petkova, Journal of International Money and Finance, 2017, 70, 288-318.
- “The Impact of Multinational Presence on Domestic Investment: Firm-level Evidence from South Korea,” with Kwang Soo Kim, 2017, Southern Economic Journal, 84(2), 525-547.
- “Deregulation and Firm Investment: Evidence from the Dismantling of the License System in India,” with Ivan Kandilov and Ruchita Manghnani, Kandilov, Applied Economics Letters, 2017, 24, 1031-1034.
- “The Impact of Banking Deregulations on Inward Foreign Direct Investment: Transaction-level Evidence from the United States," with Ivan Kandilov and Neviana Petkova, Journal of International Economics, 2016, 100, 138-159.
- “Financial Flows, Composition of Capital and Growth,” with Jessica Madariaga, IMF Economic Review, 2015, 63(2), 325-352.
- “Exchange Rate Volatility and Exports: The Case of Colombia,” with Ivan Kandilov, 2014, in Handbook on Trade and Development, edited by Oliver Morrissey, Ricardo Lopez and Kishor Sharma, Chapter 16. Edward Elgar Publishing.
- “Trade Liberalization and Investment: Firm-level Evidence from Mexico,” with Ivan Kandilov, World Bank Economic Review, 2012, 26(2).
- “A Regime Switching Analysis of Exchange Rate Pass-through,” with Kolver Hernandez, Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), 2012, 148(3), 523-552.
- “Economic Development and Heterogeneity in the Great Moderation among the States,” with Thomas Grennes and Pablo Guerron-Quintana, B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, 11(1) (Contributions), Article 21.
- “The Impact of Exchange Rate Volatility on Plant-level Investment: Evidence from Colombia,” with Ivan Kandilov, Journal of Development Economics, 2011, 94, 220-230.
- “Capital Accumulation and Growth: A New Look at the Empirical Evidence,” with Steve Bond and Fabio Schiantarelli, Journal of Applied Econometrics, 2010, 25(7), 1073-1099.
- “Economic Development and Volatility among the States,” with Thomas Grennes and Pablo Guerron-Quintana, Economics Bulletin, 2010, 30(3), 1963-1976.
- “Financial Integration, Credit Market Imperfections and Consumption Smoothing,” Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 2009, 33(2), 377-393.